• Internationally published award-winning photojournalist with experience of photographing development work in South Africa.
• 20 years’ experience in photography (digital since 1998) and journalism / reportage.
• Experience in gathering information and researching a particular context in preparation of prospective photo-reportage stories and features.
• Experience in photographing development cooperation work related to Health, Social and Environmental issues.
• 5 years’ experience running own professional photography business, developing client-base, managing projects, developing marketing strategy, organising accounting and reporting.
• Embarked on a life-long dream and established Roger Sedres Photography in 1995 and Image SA in 2007. Has since built up a reputable client base. Image SA boasts over 3 000 proudly South African images in its archive and promises to add immense value to many design houses and publications.
• Responsible for all aspects of production, including photography, post-processing, technical support, account management and quality control in both businesses.
• Actively engaged in meeting potential clients, preparing and presenting proposals, negotiating fees and drafting contracts.
• Feature stories: Aus AID projects in South Africa (2008), Russell 20/20 (2003) visit to South Africa, various CSI (Community Social Investment) projects in South Africa.
• Taken on the South African Air Mercy Service, a non-profit air medical service, as a personal CSI project. Documenting their projects and the need for affordable medical care in especially rural parts of South Africa.
• Portfolio at www.rogersedres.com; www.imagesa.net
• Award-winning features and news photographer with work published in National Sunday newspaper.
• Experience in researching and photographing development cooperation work related to Health, Social and Environmental issues.
Professional photography, service and reliability